Transformation & Change at Christie’s
For the Group HRD of an auction house we were asked to support the implementation of the Talent Management modules of Workday globally; to enable the business to have more transparent overview of how well they’re managing and supporting their people.
This was the first step in enabling everyone to take ownership of their career.
The business was losing 60% of our people because of lack of career development or training.
This was a great way for them to understand their people’s skills and experiences.
Leadership Management at Dentsu Aegis
The Talent & Development Director wanted to refocus their Step Forward Managers Programme which launched in 2016 to:
- Grow confidence and competence around specific people management skills which will enable the business to get the best from its people.
- Give consistency across the brands in the UK so every manager talks the same language and understands their role and responsibilities.
- Improve collaboration across the network – through the creation of a more supportive and inclusive community/environment.
Coaching & Mentoring at Fat Duck
We have a number of clients that we coach from Hi Potentials through to people going through a career transition.
For a year we coached the Exec Chef of this well known high end restaurant through a career transition.
He has now successfully transitioned back into the business and has taken on a more diversified role across the wider group.
Benchmarking at Guide Dogs for the Blind
When it comes to helping our clients with organisational evolution there is no way to avoid the nitty-gritty. Asking those tough questions and holding up a mirror to the organisation as a whole is what these consultations are all about and our work with Guide Dogs for the Blind was no exception.
With the arrival of a new CEO, they wanted us to conduct a benchmarking report on their indirect business i.e. everything that wasn’t frontline service-based.
Digital L&D at Harper Collins
We were hired by the People Director of the UK publishing arm of Harper Collins to create a Digital Learning and Development strategy and management of the service for the company’s 900 staff.
Previously the client had delivered L&D only via f2f interventions and the People Director wanted to adopt more 21st century approaches and needed also to make significant budget savings. As part of a restructure of his team he decided to outsource the service completely to us on a 2 year retained contract.
Hi-Potential Management at Harper Collins
For this publishing client we were asked to do the following:
- Create a pilot 6 month programme for the business which invested in their future leaders.
- An Agile and modular programme.
- Experiential learning for their rising stars with high potential who are in their 2nd to 3rd role in the business.
- Ensure there were opportunities for executive involvement.
Team Development & Facilitation at Moneysupermarket Group
For the HRD of this FinTech business over the course of a year we created a number of key activities including:
- Creating clarity across the team around the wider business strategy.
- Ensuring there was alignment and commonality of language of the HR vision.
- Uplifting the capability of the team to become strategic business partners and influencers.
- Driving greater collaboration across the team in order to ensure they work more effectively together.
- Investing in developing some core HR skills across the team so everyone was operating at the same level.
- Building confidence across the HR team so that everyone felt respected, empowered and trusted to do their job.
Organisation Modelling at NBC Universal
We were asked by the VP for HR & Legal at NBC Universal to design the following across a 6 week period:
- Create an operating rhythm for the new London Leadership Team meetings which balances the corporate as well as the creative culture and business.
- Clearly define the identity of the London Leadership Team which ensures everyone has a voice at the table, regardless of remit or tenure in the business.
- Ensure that the team continue to be leadership role models across London.
- Enable a culture of collective ownership, support, collaboration and debate across the London Leadership Team.
Onboarding & Inducting New People into Oiltanking
Following a review earlier this year, this business wanted to improve the way it on boards employees who are taking up a position in their head office.
We have created an approach which appeals to 3 distinct audience groups:
- An employee working for an existing company moving into their HH office for a temporary (exchange) assignment.
- An employee working for an existing company moving into their HH office for a multi-year assignment as an expat.
- An employee joining head office in Hamburg as a first role
HR Strategy at Pentland Brands
For the Director of Talent at Pentland Brands we supported her in devising the group Talent and engagement strategy for 2016/17 for her team, wider business and senior stakeholders.
- She had recently inherited the role and needed quickly to align the team and the wider business to a strong Talent strategy which did not exist.
- We also co created a Talent team offsite over 2 days, which aimed to both engage the team on the strategy moving forward, as well as set together the work plan and behaviours, which the business and the team could hold themselves accountable too.
Performance Management at World Remit
For this start up we created a new process to support and enable everyone to understand how they contribute to the bigger picture at WorldRemit called My Check-In’s.
It was the quality of the conversations that mattered to the business not the process so we set about to design My Check-In.